Menu

Instant pot question about size

Heatherwith4

So, I was trying to wait until my birthday or Christmas to get the Instant Pot. However, the 6 Qt. is on sale at Amazon for $69.99. Is there any point in me buying this for my family of 5?

ETA: I'm so confused. Is there even a bigger one?

Edited by heatherwith3

So, I was trying to wait until my birthday or Christmas to get the Instant Pot. However, the 6 Qt. is on sale at Amazon for $69.99. Is there any point in me buying this for my family of 5?

ETA: I'm so confused. Is there even a bigger one?

There is a bigger one--an 8-quart--but that one is priced around $160, and I don't think I've seen it go on sale. 

I'm considering this today too, but I really REALLY want the one with the yogurt feature. I'm on the fence. 

Oh, bummer. I didn't realize it was the one that wouldn't make yogurt. I wonder if the one that makes yogurt will be on sale around Black Friday. I should probably just wait. :/

I was just doing some quick research, and according to a post on the FB group for IP users, you can still use the basic IP to make yogurt, you just need to add some extra steps. I couldn't find a recipe in my quick search, but I think I'm going to buy the one that's on sale anyway. I figure, if I love it and use it a lot, I'll catch the 7-in-1 on Black Friday and find a way to use two :D

• Like 1

You might need a big one and a small one.  Because the the big one will can cook bigs things like multiple racks of ribs, corn on the cob.  And many things taste better and have better texture if you allow the pressure to release naturally.  This means the big pot will be occupied and not able to accept other stuff to cook during this time.