Menu

Neighbor situation...Update post 51

ktgrok

So, I woke up this morning to a message from him apologizing. It was actually a very nice apology, saying he said things he can't take back, but he's truly sorry, etc etc. Which reduced my stress level hugely. I responded saying I was sorry too, and let's just avoid politics until after the election,a nd go back to being fun neighbors, with a smiley face emoticon. I still have him restricted from seeing my posts, and have unfollowed him, and will keep it this way. But this way I'm not looking over my shoulder every time I leave my house, you know?

• Like 26

I'm not at all saying that he'll be violent, just a suggestion to Google the Cycle of Violence. It explains how abusive people make others walk on egg shells, erupt (for inexplicable reasons), and eventually are contrite and apologize (my abusive father apologized all over the place and then gave me record albums, chocolates etc.)

Then the cycle starts up again.

Abusers can engage in this cycle around mental and emotional abuse -- it's not necessarily physical abuse.

Glad he mellowed!

Alley

• Like 3