Menu

Tonight's dinner HELP again, please!!!!! ASAP

sheryl

Are there any chefs or culinary students here?   I watch Food Network a lot (Pioneer Woman and Chopped Adult/Junior) and I think the ingredients to a dish need to include:  fats, acid, what?  This is confusing to me.  How do I go about learning this?

TONIGHT'S DINNER

I have ground beef and though I'd sauté with diced red cabbage and onion.  What binder would I use?  Is that the right word?

I also have potatoes, mushrooms, bell pepper, spices - suggest a recipe and I'll check if I have the ingredients.

Thanks!!!

Edited by sheryl

You could try this recipe, using your red cabbage instead of green, and adding your potatoes and any other vegetables you want.    I think red cabbage acts a little differently than green, maybe it looks a little faster?, but I think it would still work.   Oh, you should cook your potatoes first or they will take a long time. 

http://wellnessmama.com/2207/beef-cabbage-stir-fry/

I find a lot of recipes by googling the ingredients I have and want to use.

• Like 1

You could try this "Mexican Potato Casserole" . . . I adapted it from a couple similar recipes, and you could surely tweak it as you like. I think you could use your cabbage in it, if you like. You could reduce the quantity of potato a bit if you like, to make up for the cabbage. If you do that, maybe chop up the cabbage and saute it a bit along with the onions. 

I actually added the corn & beans the the mix from the original recipes I'd liked, so those are definitely optional. I'd probably omit the corn if you use the cabbage. And you can use any canned beans you have around if you don't like or have the black beans (or leave them out if you prefer).

http://www.food.com/recipe/mexican-potato-casserole-527640  

If you make it, let me know how you like it and how any substitutions work out!

Edited by StephanieZ
  • Like 2

marbel, I saw that one!  good!

Stephanie, that sounds good and I think I have those ingredients.   The link did not work.

Zoobie,  I don't care as long as I can use those ingredients!  

I thought of frying ground beef and sautéing onions and cabbage.  Take Marbel's and combine with another I saw.  Add can of diced tomato in juice.  Add spices, 2 T red chili sauce, simmer.  Lay over rice, maybe?  Or Asian noodles?  Regular noodles?  Other? 

• Like 1

marbel, I saw that one!  good!

Stephanie, that sounds good and I think I have those ingredients.   The link did not work.

Zoobie,  I don't care as long as I can use those ingredients!  

I thought of frying ground beef and sautéing onions and cabbage.  Take Marbel's and combine with another I saw.  Add can of diced tomato in juice.  Add spices, 2 T red chili sauce, simmer.  Lay over rice, maybe?  Or Asian noodles?  Regular noodles?  Other? 

I think I fixed the link. Please try again. Sorry!

• Like 1

I think I fixed the link. Please try again. Sorry!

Yes, thanks for that! 

I already fixed the other for tonight but we all would like this recipe you offered and will do this Thursday or Friday.  I try not to make "beef"/red meats back to back.  Usually I alternate with chicken, fish, egg quiche. 

Appreciate that and look forward to it in a few days!   It looks delicious!

• Like 1

Yes, thanks for that! 

I already fixed the other for tonight but we all would like this recipe you offered and will do this Thursday or Friday.  I try not to make "beef"/red meats back to back.  Usually I alternate with chicken, fish, egg quiche. 

Appreciate that and look forward to it in a few days!   It looks delicious!

I hope you like it!