Menu

SOTW 2 - Activities

Jess4879

So apparently I don't have anything better to do this summer than drive myself insane.  I have decided to use SOTW 2 as a spine, with Biblioplan maps and Sonlight reading lists.  All this being as it is, I want to add in some fun crafty/cooking activities for the kids, but don't really want to buy the activity guide (unless someone tells me it's really, really good and I absolutely can't miss it).  Before I go through everything chapter by chapter, does anyone know if there is a done-for-me list of activities to use alongside SOTW 2?

Our favorite activities for that year are:

1. Designing our own coat of arms and then painting them on shields (to use with swords, of course!), banners (sheets) etc.  

2. Going to the local Renaissance Fair in May. So fun! 

3. Archery! We go to a local place and get a lesson and plenty of free shooting time. None of us are any good, but it is still fun. We go on a weekday early afternoon, before the after school serious people get there.

• Like 1

I say buying the AG and using its book lists, activities, and maps is easier than piecing it altogether from all of those other places. There are quick easy projects that can be done on any regular history day with no planning and there are more detailed projects that may take some time or planning. The AG were totally worth it for me.

• Like 2

I say buying the AG and using its book lists, activities, and maps is easier than piecing it altogether from all of those other places. There are quick easy projects that can be done on any regular history day with no planning and there are more detailed projects that may take some time or planning. The AG were totally worth it for me.

This is my plan B.  My issue right now is that I really like the Biblioplan maps and the Sonlight reading selections look really good.  I know we won't use the coloring pages in the AG, nor do I really have need of the review questions and narrations. I am also hesitant because I can't see what all the crafts are.  :(