Menu

Grapevine or Bible Study for all Ages? OR?

bnwhitaker

I have been set with doing Bible Study for all Ages.  I also like picture smart bible but would probably do that as "extra" or to take a break from BSAA.  But i keep seeing many of you like Grapevine bible study.

Why did you guys pick one over the other.  Or even why your sold on the one your doing?

I am using Grapevine because I found it used. I was looking at Bible Study All Ages online, but it always seemed so cluttered (so much stuff on one page), and the spaces to write in so small (my oldest, at 9, still needs large spaces to write in). I also looked into Picture Smart Bible, and that's basically drawing a bunch of pictures so you have 1 book of the bible illustrated on 1 page (at last what I can figure out). 

So, I'm happy with Grapevine, we often switch to blank paper if there isn't enough space for what they want to draw. There is an overview section, figuring out where the upcoming story fits in with the rest, and then drawing the parts of the story individually. 

Since I can't compare from experience, hope this is slightly helpful.

I just purchased Bible Study Guide for All Ages, and I'll admit I haven't started it yet. I chose the beginner pages for my 4 1/2 year old. At first glance, I think it looks okay, but I'm not sure that it's exactly what I was going for. I didn't know that I wanted something more chronological, but after looking at how it starts with the story of Joseph and continues with that for several lessons, I'm not sure that I'm going to love the order. Also, the pages themselves seem kind of flimsy. They're also long horizontally, so kind of hard to store. I'm not hugely fond of the CD either. I think there are probably music CDs out there that are much higher quality and teach the same concepts/memory work. That's all I've got right now. I wish I could be more help. Once I actually start it (I'm going to stick it out...at least through what I've already purchased) I'll be more of a resource.