Menu

Anyone have success with Edhesive for Computer Science? or other - Intro level

My 9th grader is thinking that she wants to be a coder (she has played around with a few things). My computer expertise ends at the power switch! So, I'm at a loss to understand -well- basically any of it. From what I've seen this (Intro Computer Science - not AP yet) looks pretty nice. I can't get a feel as to whether it is free or $120ish dollars (but that's not really a concern if she can take the class this fall). I like that this has embedded videos and starts at point one and ends somewhere after that ( read: all planned and thought out). I don't really know what knowledge/level of understand she should have gained by the end of a course like this. We are considering this as one of her fun classes, since she chose it, as well as career exploration.

Thanks so much for your time!

Edhesive Intro to Comp is Python based course and it is $125. I don't know much more, but I am also contemplating putting DS into it, so I have been communicating with them. The class opens on August 26, but teacher account is available sooner. You can call them and register over the phone without having to wait.

• Like 2