Menu

Fun things to do in Oklahoma City???

MomtoCandJ

We are helping my youngest brother move to OKC and would like to know fun things to do there for the girls. We know the zoo and the gardens next to it :) the cheaper the better :)

Oh and if you do go to the zoo starting in July, look out for my youngest brother Tim (he's going there to be a zoo keeper, just not I'm sure what area)

The science museum is next to the OKC zoo. Lots of great hands-on stuff for kiddos, but not cheap.

Andy Alligators (mini amusement park - think bumper boats, go-kart and pizza).

Museum on osteology (I think) may be cheaper and fun for your older daughter if she likes animal bones (just south of OKC).

Bowling and games at Main Event?

Harn Homestead is near the capital, but it is a small turn-of-the-century "farm" great for anyone who loves pioneer life. It is not large, but geared for young children.

I am in OK but not OKC. Can a local name the children's farm that has a maze, mini train, track for little bikes etc? It has been years, but I remember the boys having a great time.

Your girls are small and may not find a walk along the river walk all that interesting, but it is free. They would also be too young for the OKC bombing memorial, but if the adults in your party have time to walk around it, the girls may think the reflection pool is neat just because it is huge.

Enjoy your visit :)

Edited by Bensmom

I am in OK but not OKC. Can a local name the children's farm that has a maze, mini train, track for little bikes etc? It has been years, but I remember the boys having a great time.

Enjoy your visit :)

I think you're thinking of Orr Family Farm. Haven't been there in years either, but small kids absolutely adored it.

The science museum is definitely fun, but expensive, but they do take part in a reciprocal program, if you have a membership to a local museum.

The OKC art museum is nice, and I've taken many children and visitors there and they all enjoyed it. (There is also an art museum on the OU campus if you really like art, but it is smaller and not as interesting to children, though they used to offer free art classes/activities for young children.)

If your kids are into dinosaurs, the natural history museum in Norman is nice.

Depending on your kids' ages, the Oklahoma History Center and the Oklahoma City Memorial.

What sorts of things do you and your children like to do? Nature, art, sports, shopping, history? There are lots of smaller, lesser-known things depending on your interests.

What part of okc? Martin Park Nature Center is fun and free. It has a tiny visitor's center with hands on exploration and miles of walking trails.

The adults might like the plaza district near lyric theater.

There is an indoor botanical garden called the Crystal Gardens.

ETA: The Metropolitan Library System has some pretty neat activities through the summer from story time to yoga to local theater groups.

Lake Hefner has some great parks and picnic areas.

Edited by Excelsior! Academy
  • Like 1