Menu

Voice Remote for Amazon Fire Stick - does it work well?

Allearia

We have loved our Amazon Fire Stick (now we can use it to stream Great Courses Plus!) and I am wondering how the voice remote works. My husband has low vision and so I thought the voice remote would help him navigate and find what he wants. I am perfectly happy with it with the regular remote but am specifically looking for feedback from a perspective of not being able to see the controls very well or to find and start a show easily.

• Like 1

It works well finding things that are only related to Amazon Prime.  When you look for a movie or tv show it only shows the results in Amazon Instant Video.  The voice feature does not work within apps, for example within Netflix or Youtube.  

We use it often to find specific tv shows, movies, and music.  

• Like 3

I always read the Reviews on Amazon by "Verified Purchasers". Also, I think you can ask specific questions on Amazon, where the product is reviewed. . BEWARE if Amazon does not permit reviews of a product. Very recently, on a TV program I was watching, they were talking about a new Amazon product (I forget what it was), and they added a Caveat: Amazon does not permit Reviews on that product at this time.  If there are no Reviews, I would not buy it.  

• Like 1