Menu

Does anyone have some information on Book Samaritan?

The website is still up, but is showing this message: 

At this time we are in the process of moving from our current facility to another building. We will not be accepting requests or donations until further notice. Thank you for understanding. 

I know it's been in limbo for many months, but does anyone have the inside scoop of whether it will be up and running again? Wondering whether I should recommend this as a possible resource. 

Thanks!
Lisa

Wondering as well. I was hoping to put in a request this year for some needed materials, but it looks like it's been in limbo since about April or so from digging around online. 

I am considering emailing her to see if it is just a long move or if it has closed

If you hear, do you mind reporting back? I spoke to a group today (single homeschooling parents) and I wanted to be able to share this.

• Like 2

If you hear, do you mind reporting back? I spoke to a group today (single homeschooling parents) and I wanted to be able to share this.

I emailed on the 11th and have not heard back yet :( 

I found this earlier post on the boards here http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/586659-book-samaritans-website-goneupdated/?hl=%2Bbook+%2Bsamaritan#entry6825766 -looks like there has been issues since February or so

• Like 1

I sent in a request directly to their address in....March or so?  And received a box a few weeks ago.  

But...that was before their website stated they were not accepting any new orders.  Though their website was down at the time.  

Glad you got a box and that there are still apparently folks working behind the scenes. 

I emailed on the 11th and have not heard back yet :(

I found this earlier post on the boards here http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/586659-book-samaritans-website-goneupdated/?hl=%2Bbook+%2Bsamaritan#entry6825766 -looks like there has been issues since February or so

Thank you. I'll check out that thread as well. 

Just got an email back from her - looks like it is shutting down per her email I quoted below. Really sad to see it go - it was a major blessing to many I know. 

"I'm actually trying to close up shop.  This ministry began in the wake of Hurricane Katrina and was only really supposed to go on for a couple of months, it's been going for 10 years." 

• 5 months later...

Is there another group out there by chance?  I've donated to the Book Samaritan for years and I have homeschool books I need to move out of the house before Christmas.

Not that I know of. I have seen people doing free for shipping places though, so that might be an option. Or send out a message locally if you have a good local group / email. 

• Like 1