Menu

Math Mammoth moms, have you added..

My daughters are in MM1 and MM2. We just finished LoF Apples together. It was part of our morning time, so I read it aloud a few times a week and we did the "your turn" questions orally. Didn't take much time. They LOVED it and we are about to start Butterflies.

Edited by indigoellen@gmail.com

In 6th grade after my DS and DD each finished MM (leaving out the Geometry chapters) we used LOF Fractions and Decimals & Percents to reinforce that knowledge from MM in a fun way. They felt like it was their reward for slogging through MM! Lol

We also substituted MM on Fridays with Hands-on Geometry (free pdf I found somewhere on these forums) in 6th and Understanding Geometry from CTC in 7th because I'm not a big fan of MM geometry.

We added Miquon, but only made it through Orange and Red. My daughter was "over" the rods by that point. I'm not sure why, as I loved them! She likes MM, and has used 3 levels now. We'll continue into MM4 next year with BA4.

My daughters are in MM1 and MM2. We just finished LoF Apples together. It was part of our morning time, so I read it aloud a few times a week and we did the "your turn" questions orally. Didn't take much time. They LOVED it and we are about to start Butterflies.

This is pretty much us.

I use the c-rods with EducationUnboxed.com for some of K and anytime we need a little help understanding new concepts. I have some Miquon books, but I never figured out how to juggle it and MM.

We did life of fred for a little bit. My daughter loved it but when I would get to the questions she never understood them. She thought Fres was hilarious she just didn't learn anything. I decided we didn't have time for it if she wasn't picking up on the lesson. My younger daughter does BA with MM and it's worked out great! It really has her think beyond what she's used to and I feel like she has grown so much using these books.