Menu

bleeding after hysteroscopy? Or after Mirena removal?

ktgrok

The internet tells me this is normal, but I'd rather my hive ladies tell me :)

I started having spotting right away after the hysteroscopy to remove the IUD. The doctor told me "you may have some spotting, that's normal. No restrictions on activity."  Well, I did have spotting, and have continued to since Friday. But this morning it's a bit heavier. I'd been getting away with just a panty liner, but bled through that in about half an hour and am going to have to pick up some regular pads if that continues. Having some cramping like mild period cramps. Not sure if this is from the hysteroscopy itself, the fact that the stupid IUD was partially embedded on one end, or from the hormone withdrawal now that the IUD is out. Seems women have bleeding from both hysteroscopy and from IUD removal, so perhaps it's all of the above. 

But most women who have hysteroscopy that I could find also had polyps removed or what not, so I'd expect bleeding. And most women that had the mirena out hadn't had a regular cycle, but I have, and in fact just had my period the week before getting it out. Although, maybe I wasn't ovulating with it in, and that wasn't a real period. 

Either way, this is annoying. But I'm going to tell myself it is my body's way of starting fresh and getting ready for a new baby hopefully. 

The internet tells me this is normal, but I'd rather my hive ladies tell me :)

I started having spotting right away after the hysteroscopy to remove the IUD. The doctor told me "you may have some spotting, that's normal. No restrictions on activity."  Well, I did have spotting, and have continued to since Friday. But this morning it's a bit heavier. I'd been getting away with just a panty liner, but bled through that in about half an hour and am going to have to pick up some regular pads if that continues. Having some cramping like mild period cramps. Not sure if this is from the hysteroscopy itself, the fact that the stupid IUD was partially embedded on one end, or from the hormone withdrawal now that the IUD is out. Seems women have bleeding from both hysteroscopy and from IUD removal, so perhaps it's all of the above. 

But most women who have hysteroscopy that I could find also had polyps removed or what not, so I'd expect bleeding. And most women that had the mirena out hadn't had a regular cycle, but I have, and in fact just had my period the week before getting it out. Although, maybe I wasn't ovulating with it in, and that wasn't a real period. 

Either way, this is annoying. But I'm going to tell myself it is my body's way of starting fresh and getting ready for a new baby hopefully. 

I would expect that to cause more than normal bleeding.  

best wishes on the new baby.  (it sounds like - baby or not, it needed to come out.)

ok, did more reading and it seems bleeding, especially a few days after Mirena removal, is normal. Can be like a regular period. Even if you just had your period, it seems. Will be interesting to see if this is my body resetting, or what is going on. But definitely need to pick up some more sanitary supplies! Panty liners are not quite cutting it.