Menu

What grades are you using the Guerber Histories for?

Ok first know I LOVE history. I love reading it, learning more about it, and my kids love it.

I'll be honest I own too much history as it is. :)

They always want to do more.

I am blown away by this resource after looking at it online.

I can see adding this easily now and just picking the time we are studying and running with it, but I've seen posts of others using it in grades 6-8 alot as well.

Why are some using it for middle school?

What grades do you use it for?

My 5th grader is reading The Story of the Thirteen Colonies independently and absolutely loves it.  I haven't tried reading others aloud at a younger age yet, but have a few on my purchase wish list for next year.

Btw, I'm right there with you about owning too much history already!  But with books that you can't get at the library, buying them used is such a good deal.  I tell myself that I can always resell them later for the same price, but of course that is dependent on my being willing to part with them.

We are using MP's Story of the Thirteen Colonies next year.  They have a set of flashcards with 200 questions, quotes, timeline dates, and presidents to go along with it, as well as a workbook for them to fill out throughout the year.  I'll be using it with my 9th, 6th, and 4th graders next year.  You can purchase individual lesson plans which schedule these resources along with selections from SOTW 4.  I think it will be a great year and should give them a nice American history overview.  

If you have children who love history and are advanced readers, then you could do these as early as 4th grade.  Or, read them aloud.   But, I do think they suit middle school age, or older, better.  Christine Miller from nothingnewpress.com has all the books on her site for sale, and I think you can find them on rainbowresource.com.