Menu

8th Grade Graduation Dress

porque

I am looking for a dress (or ?) for my daughter to wear to her 8th grade graduation. She is enrolled in a charter school, has never taken an onsite class, but still wants to attend the graduation ceremony.  I asked at the school what is typically worn to graduation and was told anything from shorts/jeans to floor length gowns. I am thinking some sort of sundress. Any fashion sense I may have had seems to have been lost in the last few years so am having trouble giving her suggestions. She is typically (exclusively) in jeans and t-shirts, and really doesn't care too much about what she wears. Any ideas on styles and where to purchase would be greatly appreciated!

Size- I usually buy her jeans in the girls department at Target, size 16.  Tops are small in womens,  Probably size 7 in juniors. She is fairly tall, 5'7" or so and fairly slim, but not skinny.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!  She does not seem to have a preference about what to wear. Thanks!

My dd likes dresses from Ross. She also bought two lovely maxi dresses (floor length but not too dressy) from Costco recently. I'd look for something that she felt comfortable wearing and easy to sit in.

Edited by Jaz