Menu

simplylivingsmart.com

Thanks to whomever I got this site from!!!

I'm not sure where I got the link but from but my new FAVORITE site I want to share is http://www.simplylivingsmart.com/index.php -- Basically the entire site is about food storage & usage but even if you're not into the storage concept, there is so much info about wheat & beans that I FINALLY get it. I understand the storage & use of such items. There are recipes & explanations explaining the nutrition & use of the basics (wheat, legumes, oils, etc). I've learned SO much just watching the free lessons! I love Anitra's videos (lady giving free lessons) even though she is a bit stepfordish & belongs on Wisteria lane as Bree's sister.

This weekend, the pantry & garage are getting a make over! Check out the site with a glass of tea & give it some time! Thanks to whomever I got the link from!!

I love this site too! I have been trying to stock my pantry better to reduce shopping trips. I printed off some of her lists and went to town. I dont think I need to go shopping for at LEAST a month probably closer to 2 or 3. She has some great ideas on there doesn't she! I love the beans in a cd holder drawer idea. lol I am a neat freak so her ideas appeals to me.

Thanks for letting us know about this site. I'm really enjoying her ideas on how to use your food storage items in your everyday cooking. We've already sprouted a few things and bought some wheat berries today.

Are there any forums y'all would recommend for people just getting started in food storage? The community on simplylivingsmart.com is not working right now, but I have a few questions I'd like to ask. Thanks!

Thanks for letting us know about this site. I'm really enjoying her ideas on how to use your food storage items in your everyday cooking. We've already sprouted a few things and bought some wheat berries today.

Are there any forums y'all would recommend for people just getting started in food storage? The community on simplylivingsmart.com is not working right now, but I have a few questions I'd like to ask. Thanks!

I LOVE that site! I've learned so much about not only food storage but also yes the wheat berries, about all the things you can do wtih beans (who knew you could put them in a blender & add the powder to soups to thicken AND add protein!?!?!?)...

Its been over a week and I still haven't seen ALL the videos nor learned everything from her!! I don't know of any other forum sites, maybe someone here can suggest one..

Where did you find your wheat berries? I haven't been able to find any!

I live in a very health food conscious area--we have four health food grocery stores here in our not very large town! I got them at Earth Fare (which is like a Whole Foods.)

Hummm.. Well.. I"ve never actually been IN a Whole Foods and I live in a state where looks are EVERYTHING. (well so the culture says....) Guess I'm going to Whole Foods!

Thanks!

I don't know of any forums, but I have a list of other food storage blogs in the sidebar of my blog. We are looking for questions to answer, so feel free to ask so we can get new topics to write about!

Other food storage blogs I like: Foodstoragemadeeasy.net is more geared towards beginners. I also really like Everyday Food Storage and Safely Gathered In. Both of them have a lot of pictures.

I don't know of any forums, but I have a list of other food storage blogs in the sidebar of my blog. We are looking for questions to answer, so feel free to ask so we can get new topics to write about!

Other food storage blogs I like: Foodstoragemadeeasy.net is more geared towards beginners. I also really like Everyday Food Storage and Safely Gathered In. Both of them have a lot of pictures.

Sara., THanks for your input. I read your blog all the time! The sites you've mentioned are good ones. I don't know how or I'd make a WTM social group for self reliance or food storage.

Anyone?