Menu

What are you changing up for next year?

runninl8

Since everyone is planning next year's schedules, I would love to know what you are changing up? What didn't work, what new thing are you doing, or what are you tweaking? Spelling has been a bust all year for us ( 3 different programs), but I think we found a winner with Spelling U See, so that will be new for 4th grade next year. Also, adding in the CM scripture memory system along with more of a morning time routine. Would love to hear more ideas of what's working for everyone and what your  exploring for next year. 

Working:

Dictation Day By Day

MEP

Copywork

Read alouds

Adding:

Artistic Pursuits

SOTW...ish.  It will be a main resource (not a spine) in our unit studies journey through Ancients

Possibly Mr.Q as a main text, supplemented with other science books

Dropping:

once-a-week 'class' outside the home.

We are dropping a couple of outside of home classes too. Our all day tutorial is going down to morning only.

I don't mind our social time at parks and playdates, but I'm finding at this stage we're just not keen on sharing a classroom.  It's mostly stuff that can be done individually anyway, defeating the purpose of a class.  We'll revisit the idea in a few years, when collaboration is more expected.

• Like 1

We go to an academic co-op (a really awesome one) two days a week, and one hour of drama a third day at a different co-op.  That is way too much out of the house. 

We have whittled down our academic co-op to one day next year (he will take robotics, literature, writing (WWS), grammar (Analytical Grammar), algebra (Mr. D Math) and science (General Science)).