Menu

Responding to visitor messages WWYD

Just a quickie before this gets hustled off to the "How To" board. I don't think many surf the "How To" board, so I'm posting this here first.

I noticed when I want to reply to someone who posts a message on my visitor message board, I should first click on "View Conversation" underneath their message and then type in my message. That way it shows up on their visitor message board, and they know I replied to them. At least I get a notification that I have a message, so I'm assuming you will, too.

Otherwise, if I enter a message in the box just above the list of messages on my visitor board, it just shows up on my visitor message board and they have no way of knowing I replied to them. Unless, I guess, they checked my visitor message board.

That's why I have some deleted messages on my visitor message board. Those were my own messages that I'd accidentally put there instead of the other person's visitor message board.

Also, I thought you had to be a friend before you could type a message on someone's visitor message board, but I found out today that you don't.

HTH!

OP tags: Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Dear John, The Postman Always Rings Twice, Return to Sender, You've Got Mail

Edited by Apiphobic
eta my list of tags in case some loquacious troublemaker decides to tag me. ;)

Also, I thought you had to be a friend before you could type a message on someone's visitor message board, but I found out today that you don't.

You can adjust the settings in your control panel so that only your contacts and the admin can leave you messages if you want to though.

Just a quickie before this gets hustled off to the "How To" board. I don't think many surf the "How To" board, so I'm posting this here first.

I noticed when I want to reply to someone who posts a message on my visitor message board, I should first click on "View Conversation" underneath their message and then type in my message. That way it shows up on their visitor message board, and they know I replied to them. At least I get a notification that I have a message, so I'm assuming you will, too.

Otherwise, if I enter a message in the box just above the list of messages on my visitor board, it just shows up on my visitor message board and they have no way of knowing I replied to them. Unless, I guess, they checked my visitor message board.

That's why I have some deleted messages on my visitor message board. Those were my own messages that I'd accidentally put there instead of the other person's visitor message board.

HTH!

OP tags: Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Dear John, The Postman Always Rings Twice, Return to Sender, You've Got Mail

Ohhhhh....I wonder if Mamabegood has been getting mine then? I was just replying in th box above....Thanks!

Great Tags by the way.....:lol:

OP Tag: Return to sender, Address unknown.....

Oh great...now I have the rest of the song stuck in my head.....:tongue_smilie:

• 2 weeks later...