Menu

Civil War Re-enactment and more October 4-5, 2008...near Ararat, VA

Marty

For those of you who live in the North Carolina/Virginia areas, there is a Civil War re-enactment this weekend, October 4-5, 2008.

My family went last year, and the kids are excited to go again. There are many activities, tents to go in and things to buy in the tents.

• Civil War Battles (my kids loved this) My hubby said there was one in the day and one at night. (time___?)
  • Buggy Rides
  • Tea Parties
  • "1800" Fashion Shows
  • Church Service Sunday @ 9:AM
  • Living History - hands on events
  • Candle Light Tour- Saturday Night Only!
  • Meet the Generals of the Civil War - Lee, Stuart & Jackson for pictures and talks
  • Sculptors, Authors & Speakers
  • Black Rose Memorial Service - Saturday/Sunday
  • String Music & Bagpipers
  • Civil War Sutlers
  • Hundreds of Re-enactors
  • Saturday Night Ball
  • Food Vendors and Much More!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's the link:

http://jebstuart.org/events.cfm?ID=71

There is a map, if you click on Visiting Hours on the right, and there is a cost -- I think $8 or $10, but kids under 12 are free.

There is a phone number for more information. I couldn't find anything about when the events started.

I think this looks awesome, and is only 3 hours away from us. Unfortunately, we are going through a very tight financial situation right now. It almost makes me sad I saw it, because we just completed our study of the Civil War, and it would be perfect. :-(

Oh, VaKim, I'm so sorry. Yeah, that sounds like it would be perfect for you.

My dd's and their cousin are into writing mysteries, and have done a couple. They want to do one based on Civil War history, so they are excited about this.

Momof7, I'm sorry for you, too. wow, 7 kids. Awesome Mom!

(my SIL has 6) :party:

It's tomorrow! Woo-hoo! :driving:

I went and bought all our picnic stuff last night.

The kids are excited. They get to spend the day with their cousins. :party:

And my dd's and their cousin are into writing mysteries. The latest is based on Civil War history. :hurray: They are reading books and looking stuff up online. I took dd13 and her cousin to the library yesterday and cousin (I can't say 'dc'. hmmmmm fc? - female cousin; gc?) got Civil War books for her essay. My dd had to choose something diff, as it was the assignment. She will get to the Civil War in unit 6.

Can't wait for tomorrow! :p

:sad: Oh no! Dd13 is not feeling well. She, of all my kids, really wanted to go tomorrow. Any prayers would be greatly appreciated. I know she will try to go if at all possible. I just hope when we get there, she will be able to have a good time. Maybe she'll be okay...

Marty