Menu

battle of the blog

I tried, really tried, to get a 3 column blog template installed today. My techno-head 18 yo helped. All we ended up doing was losing most of my blog! I've spent the afternoon re-creating it sorta. What do you think? I still don't love the colors.

Does anyone have any wise words about how to get the 3 column template loaded??

I think your blog looks great!

If you still want to attempt a three-column format, you can find the instructions I followed to create one on my blog. Follow the blog link below then scroll aaaaaaallllll the way down to the bottom of the page and follow the link there. It took me a few tries to get it right, but I finally got it, and the guy who created the instructions will answer questions you email to him, and I found that very helpful.

Have fun!

The books are a widget from LibraryThing and the clickable words..our curricula, etc. across the top of the posts? That is just added links inside the html of the layout. In blogger, go to Layout, edit HTML. I added the links which are the basic

<a href="http://link">Text to be seen</a>

After the

<div id='main_wrap'>

and before the

<b:section class='main' id='main' showaddelement='no'><b:widget id='Blog1' locked='true' title='Blog Posts' type='Blog'/></b:section>

part

That is how I put those links there. :)

I tried, really tried, to get a 3 column blog template installed today. My techno-head 18 yo helped. All we ended up doing was losing most of my blog! I've spent the afternoon re-creating it sorta. What do you think? I still don't love the colors.

Does anyone have any wise words about how to get the 3 column template loaded??

I like it! I LOVE the flowers at the top. I tried to do a 3-column layout, too, but had no clue what I was doing, lost a lot of my blog and also had to rebuild. I feel your pain.

Lisa, that link that Kysha quoted has a lot of the standard blogger templates in 3 column format. So definitely worth a look! I love the photo at the top and the pictures in your blog posts. They are great.

I wanted a 3 column one that stretched to the size of the viewers screen. I've finally figured out that this is called "fluid" so I Googled "fluid 3 column blog templates" and found some really lovely ones. I've used one in my blog if you want to have a look. The link at the bottom is to the blog of the woman who makes them.