Menu

searching for sympathy for female content

I'm also 46, but not quite that far in my cycle for this month...but it's coming. If you are interested in doing supplements at all, these are the things my GYN recommended to me and they have helped quite a bit. Vitamin B complex, extra Vitamin B-6 (I take one a day and then double it after ovulation each cycle), calcium, and magnesium. I think the B-6 has been the biggest help. I'm not really sure what is action is supposed to be, but it helps me a LOT with the swelling, hurting booKs, crankiness, etc...PMS in general, IOW.

It's still tough, and I just keep telling myself it's got to end eventually. I started my cycles when I was 11...isn't 35 years enough??:confused:

So, definitely sympathy for you!:grouphug:

Edited by SapphireStitch
edited to fix late-night typos!!

I'm 43 and hae been taking supplements like Beth (SapphireStitch) described. They've helped immensely. For me the calcium seems to be the key, but the combination is really helpful.

You have all my sympathy, Holly. Here, I'm sending all of my virtual chocolate as well.

I keep telling dh it would be nice to just have an "OFF" button somewhere on my body - and just be done with it all. This LONG dragged out process is really miserable, imo.

An off button! What a great idea! Or at the very least, a release valve so we can just get rid of all the gunk in one day and move on with our lives!

I don't remember who mentioned B6, but it acts as a diuretic. Too much B6 is bad for you, even though it's water soluble. But it's pretty hard to overload.

J