Menu

Help with Standardized Testing for Science--7th grade (Stanford)

LAmom

My dd will be testing for the first time.  The tests given at her co-op will be the Stanford tests.  I am just curious how she will do and think testing will be a good experience for her.  But, I realize that she has done very little science.  Any recommendations on something she could read/do to help her at least understand some of the science questions?  A basic overview book or a couple different basic books that she could read over?  Or even some science practice tests would be helpful but I can't find any.  I guess I dropped the ball in that area!  I will be understanding if she fails that section but also want her to prepare as much as she can.  She will be testing in April.  

We have rarely used any science curriculum in the elementary years and somehow my girls always test very well in the science sub-category. It seems like the questions are either general knowledge or are really reading comprehension or graph-interpretation questions that happen to relate to a scientific topic. Your daughter will probably be fine without any special preparation; however, if you really want to use something to get her ready, how about one of the Spectrum Test Prep books like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Science-Test-Practice-Grade-Spectrum/dp/0769680658/ref=pd_sim_14_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=51skCVgNS6L&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR123%2C160_&refRID=1C97SMY5PPMYYMHVJBBJ