Menu

Veritas Press Omnibus online question?

We chose Primary I and Primary II when my sons were in 7th and 8th grade. The Secondary books are much lighter and were much easier to do on our own. We would have gotten bogged down in the middle of Primary because I'd always feel like there was more to discuss. And there is, even with the online class!  But, at least with the online class, we had to keep moving forward.

One option that was not available until last year is the Great Conversation courses at Wilson Hill which combine Omni Primary & Secondary, using selected books from each. It looks like VP will be offering a similar combined course next year, called Omnibus Survey. 

If we were doing it today, we would chose the GC courses at WHA because Bruce Etter is an excellent Omni I instructor! An instructor who can get 7th-9th graders excited and talking about those difficult ancient texts is pretty amazing in my book. (I imagine he's great with the other GC courses he teaches, but we only had him for Omni I.)

• Like 1

Another vote for primary books online!  We used VP Omnibus up through 9th and I personally liked the secondary books better and would have enjoyed doing that at home with my son much more than the primary.  Okay, obviously my vote is completely subjective :)

Edited by jjeepa

• 2 weeks later...

There is another option available at Veritas Press. It's called Omnibus Survey. It is one class that takes many important books from each year of Omnibus Primary and Secondary and combines them into one course for each year. This is a great option for those who want to study Omnibus books (Great Books) but, for whatever reason, can't do all the books

. The link below will take you to the course page to see the listings.

https://vpsa.veritaspress.com/term/27/coursesutf8=✓&term=27&show_self_paced=true&subject%5B%5D=7&commit=View+Courses&name=&h_term=27&h_category=2