Menu

I feel like I am floating....

myfunnybunch

Last month, we went on vacation. I got either a mild case of the flu or a bad cold, which didn't interfere with my enjoyment of the trip at all :) but when the symptoms came on, I started feeling lightheaded periodically throughout the day. When I visited my doctor she said it was sometimes a symptom when one has a viral illness, so not to worry about it.

The cold has long since gone, but I still feel the lightheaded feeling. On a good day it might happen once or twice; on a bad day, like today, it happens hourly. I feel like the room is tilting or I'm floating. My actual balance is not affected at all. It's a little like the sensation you get from standing up too quickly, only not so extreme.

Any ideas here? I assumed it was the cold, but now am wondering if the flights or combo of flights/illness affected my inner ear. Do I need to go back to the doctor? I hate going to the doctor. Please just tell me that it will go away if I wait a little longer. :P Or kick me in the rear end and tell me to get to the doctor.