Menu

I hate multiple choice answer type quizzes/tests

DawnM

I don't mean where there is a clear answer, but on survey type things.

I just filled out a 7 page survey on Ed Match for a job application and about 1/3 of them, I thought, "Um, strongly disagree IF, or strongly agree IF" but there was no further info for the "IF" sections.

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!

Any of you current teachers want to PM me and let me ask you a couple of questions and see what the heck they are looking for?  I haven't worked for 10 years and am not current with the trends, although I am reading up as much as I can.

Thanks,

Dawn

• Like 1

They have already seen my resume and application and told me I look like a good fit, but I have some more steps, one being a "core belief" thing, which ended up being multiple choice.  I was expecting to write a paragraph or two of a philosophical nature.  Nope!  Multiple choice.

UGH.

I wouldn't expect anything like a paragraph in typical job application/survey/whatever things these days. But I'm saying this as someone that tried to apply to a job once in person only to be pointed to a row of computers lol. Companies are set in their ways. They want to be able to sort us neatly into a yay or nay pile I think.

Actually the first step of the application was to write THREE 300 word essays!

Now this.

Next up is a video taped interview process where they send me questions and I video tape my answers into a recorded upload and don't even talk to them face to face!  

This is a local job!

Things sure have changed.

Actually the first step of the application was to write THREE 300 word essays!

Now this.

Next up is a video taped interview process where they send me questions and I video tape my answers into a recorded upload and don't even talk to them face to face!  

This is a local job!

Things sure have changed.

:svengo:

Is this legit? My goodness. Have they ever heard of Skype?

• Like 2

I don't mean where there is a clear answer, but on survey type things.

I just filled out a 7 page survey on Ed Match for a job application and about 1/3 of them, I thought, "Um, strongly disagree IF, or strongly agree IF" but there was no further info for the "IF" sections.

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!

Any of you current teachers want to PM me and let me ask you a couple of questions and see what the heck they are looking for?  I haven't worked for 10 years and am not current with the trends, although I am reading up as much as I can.

Thanks,

Dawn

I'm a teacher, and someone who has hired teachers.   Feel free to PM me if you still need someone's input!