Menu

AP Human Geography Syllabus Help

I'm looking ahead and I've looked through the AP site but I'm not finding a recent syllabus for any of the courses I've looked at. 

Do I need to find a school that teaches the course and hope they have an online syllabus?  I'm specifically looking for the Human Geography course right now.  Under "Teaching Resources" I found three samples from 2007. 

You can also just google syllabus, geography, and the name of the author or text you are considering and up pop a few ideas. These typically include colleges and high schools.

I do this for any course dd is considering. At first I search for any syllabi and then add author/book names once I narrow down choices to one or two texts. I think I spent a good week of my "free" time searching before I begin to develop my own ideas.

I'm looking ahead and I've looked through the AP site but I'm not finding a recent syllabus for any of the courses I've looked at.

Do I need to find a school that teaches the course and hope they have an online syllabus? I'm specifically looking for the Human Geography course right now. Under "Teaching Resources" I found three samples from 2007.

If the course has not been revised recently the samples would still be pretty valid. Even with political border changes the themes of geography would apply.

Also try searching with the book title but drop "human". I'm not sure that's how college courses would be titled.

Or try searching for (Author Name) Geography Syllabus.

I had better luck with college syllabuses than high schools. High schools seemed light on actual reading assignments in the syllabus.

Edited by Sebastian (a lady)