Menu

Astaxanthin experience?

IfIOnly

While researching CoQ10 and cell health, this supplement came up quite often. I also came across an article by Mercola (I know, I know, total salesman, but I do often appreciate his health research and articles) stating the the top 5 supplements he recommends across the board are krill oil (omega 3 supplement like fish oil), ubiquinol (the most bioavailable form of CoQ10), probiotics, multivitamin/mineral supplement, and astaxanthin.

I already take omega 3, multivitamins, probiotics, and just started ubiquinol  I'm already feeling more energy taking 300 mg a day for just a few days! I only yawned ONCE in church today. It's usually SO embarrassing that I can't stop yawning all throughout. No other benefits to speak of yet.

So I started reading up on astaxanthin and the thousands and thousands of reviews are just overwhelmingly positive and just amazing. Several of the main benefits are for things I really with and are debilitating for me. It can cross the blood brain barrier, which is great for memory and thinking. It's also great for pain and lots of people were able to get off of or lower their NSAIDs  for muscle and joint pain. It also help people who sunburn easily not burn anymore and fades age spots. It's the carotenoid/antioxidant that makes salmon and flamingos pink. It seems decently studied.

Astaxanthin is a reddish pigment that belongs to a group of chemicals called carotenoids. It occurs naturally in certain algae and causes the pink or red color in salmon, trout, lobster, shrimp, and other seafood.

Astaxanthin is used for treating Alzheimer's diseaseParkinson's disease, “brainattack†(stroke), high cholesterol, and an eye condition called age-related macular degeneration (AMD). It is also used for preventing cancer.

Astaxanthin is applied directly to the skin for protection against sunburn.

How does it work?

Astaxanthin is an antioxidant. This effect might protect cells from damage. Astaxanthin might also improve the way the immune system functions.

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-1063-astaxanthin.aspx?activeingredientid=1063&activeingredientname=astaxanthin

These are the top two brands I found with lots of reviews. I bought the one in the first link today and am tripling the dose for the first bottle and then will go down to just one a day.

http://www.amazon.com/Nutrex-Hawaii-BioAstin-Astaxanthin-Cardiovascular/dp/B006X1DCVO/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8

http://www.amazon.com/Astaxanthin-Organic-Coconut-Veggie-Softgels/dp/B00J2GBIU4/ref=pd_sim_121_2?ie=UTF8&dpID=518ydgjAI2L&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=0WZFQ3W525DD2EA4A61H

Just wanted to share my ray of hope, and ask if anyone has tried this supplement?

• 6 years later...