Menu

I had the distinct pleasure of meeting Nicole M. this week! ...

My teen and I were in her neck of the woods for a college visit, and she kindly shuttled us to and from the train station, fed us wonderful homemade clam chowder, procured accommodations for us, and much, much more.

I had the pleasure of meeting her husband and sons (with whom my teen got to discuss Latin and Greek), of sharing chocolate and Thai food (not necessarily in that order), of seeing the Mike's in her kitchen, and of admiring her new Circa punched lessons plans! We talked curriculum, transcripts, books, and of those other wonderful people who post here.

We did not have nearly enough time before I had to head home. (Next time we're determined to add in some thrift store shopping!)

Thanks for everything, Nicole!

Regards,

Kareni

My teen and I were in her neck of the woods for a college visit, and she kindly shuttled us to and from the train station, fed us wonderful homemade clam chowder, procured accommodations for us, and much, much more.

I had the pleasure of meeting her husband and sons (with whom my teen got to discuss Latin and Greek), of sharing chocolate and Thai food (not necessarily in that order), of seeing the Mike's in her kitchen, and of admiring her new Circa punched lessons plans! We talked curriculum, transcripts, books, and of those other wonderful people who post here.

We did not have nearly enough time before I had to head home. (Next time we're determined to add in some thrift store shopping!)

Thanks for everything, Nicole!

Regards,

Kareni

That sounds wonderful! Thanks for sharing :001_smile:.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, my! I did an innocent little forum search, and here I found mention of myself! I totally missed this. I feel like a dolt.

It was so much fun meeting Kareni and her beautiful daughter. To be honest, the whole homeschool thing sometimes seems a little lonely, and it was really amazing to get to talk with a real person about all this stuff that my "real life" friends don't know about. You know, important things, like Circa punches and Mikes and college searches.

Kareni, I really hope your daughter seriously considers coming here to school. And I'm not just saying that because I want to have a thrift-store shopping buddy when you're visiting, either.

Oh. For the record, though, there's only one placenta in the freezer. And it turned 12 last Saturday!

Kareni, I really hope your daughter seriously considers coming here to school. And I'm not just saying that because I want to have a thrift-store shopping buddy when you're visiting, either.

Oh. For the record, though, there's only one placenta in the freezer. And it turned 12 last Saturday!

She is indeed planning to apply .... (Thrift store trips may be in our future.)

And, happy birthday to that placenta!

Regards,

Kareni