Menu

Saatva mattresses - anyone here own one?

Blossom'sGirl

We are in desperate need of a new mattress.  I recently had back surgery and our old mattress is not helping.  We have checked out some at the local mattress store, but I am intrigued by the ones offered online by Saatva.  I have read many online reviews, but I want to hear from real people not just semi-professional reviewers.  I am interested in either the regular spring/ foam Saatva mattress or the new Loom and Leaf ones.

If you own or have tried one of these please chime in.

Thanks,

Michelle 

We have one.  We bought it not too long ago--October, maybe?  Our other mattress was 15 years old (and had been through 8 of my pregnancies!), and I was having terrible hip pain from it, no matter how we turned it.  Friends from our church recommended Saatva because they love theirs so much.  I'm going to have to wait until my dh comes home to say what kind we have because he did the ordering, and I really don't remember which one we got.  I do know it was "luxury firm" or something--and it's possibly a little too hard for me, which was very surprising.  I sleep on my side and prefer a firmer mattress in general, but it took me awhile before I was really able to get used to the feel of this one. But my hip pain went away!  It is really a well-constructed mattress, and I am sure it will last a good while.   I would say it's one of the spring/foam ones--I'm sure we didn't get anything new, and "leaf and loom" doesn't ring any bells!

We bought a luxury firm in November because we wanted something with more support. (We were both having back/hip pain with our memory foam mattress.) It turned out to be really, really firm. The first couple of weeks I felt like I might as well have been sleeping on the floor. It got a little better as we broke it in, but we still had body parts falling asleep and we weren't sleeping well, so it went back a couple of weeks ago.

• Like 1

We bought a luxury firm in November because we wanted something with more support. (We were both having back/hip pain with our memory foam mattress.) It turned out to be really, really firm. The first couple of weeks I felt like I might as well have been sleeping on the floor. It got a little better as we broke it in, but we still had body parts falling asleep and we weren't sleeping well, so it went back a couple of weeks ago.

I sorry to hear it didn't work out.  Was this the memory foam mattress of the spring one?

• 1 month later...