Menu

UPDATE!! Is it worth updating my kitchen/house to sell?

Woodhaven

I don't know!  I think our Realtor has still been trying to sell it even though our contract ran out.  It is not currently listed, but I think they were still passing it around in their circles.  Still, I am pleased!  It's a couple moving from the Midwest.  They sold their home and are looking to buy as soon as possible!

• Like 1

Zillow is a good source. Type in your address. Professionals warn that the estimated prices are off, but it gives good historical information. We listed my relative's house at the low end for houses in that particular neighborhood, and sold on the high end. The realtor thinks that even though our renovations were basic, having a move-in ready house was the driver there. Everything is clean and nice-looking even if the choices were not very fancy.

Every area is different though. The house across the road from us (a different metro area than my relative) has been for sale for months with very few even looking at it. They've redone the kitchen twice and everything is high-end finishes. But the lot is very odd-shaped, it has a smaller garage, and IMHO they're overpriced. 

the ONLY thing zillow is good for is it will tell you how much something sold and what the taxes are.  otherwise - it IS a joke site.  it is so far off  base around here, it should never be taken seriously.  sadly - some people think it is reliable for estimating the value of their home.