Menu

Nothing New/Mindful Spending Week three

Ginevra

Groceries, gas, another box of 12 hour sudafed, and $15 dinner out for dh and dd after friends were here sledding Monday (I've had a nasty cold since last Thursday so did not go).

Today and tomorrow dd and I will be eating out for several meals, paying for parking twice, and staying overnight in a hotel. College visits :eek:

• Like 4

Today and tomorrow dd and I will be eating out for several meals, paying for parking twice, and staying overnight in a hotel. College visits :eek:

College visits (and the associated spending that often comes with them) were my wake up call that college was going to be more expensive than I thought. My kid would get the free t shirt and the free lunch after the tour and I was tallying up the gas, hotel, etc. costs.  :laugh:     But it's worth it- sometimes we visited a college and knew right away that even though our kids had friends there who loved it, it was not the right place for our kid.   Have a great trip!

• Like 2

• 1 year later...