Menu

Anyone used Middleberry Interactive?

My dd completed the elementary 1 last semester and is now working on elementary 2nd semester. She loves it. I stayed completely hands off last semester except for listening to her do the speaking parts to be sure they were done correctly. At the end of the semester, I was happily surprised at how much she had learned. I was leary of the price going in, and while I wish it was not so much, it is the independent Spanish course that is getting done that we needed, my dd loves it, and therefore it is worth it for us. (I did get the discounted rate through the HSBC). As of right now we plan to continue through to the next level next year (middle school).

Some more random information. . . I majored in Spanish and previously have taught high school Spanish... I feel like I looked at every Spanish curriculum out there and was less than impressed. So far I am very pleased with this. My biggest and perhaps only complaints are if you don't have the "teacher" option, you cannot officially "grade" the speaking or writing parts. Having "0's" on the grade list for those really bug me. . . And not being able to adjust the calendar.

ETA: the first semester lessons were pretty quick, maybe 15 minutes? This semester seems a little longer so far, maybe 20 minutes...but we are not very far in yet.

Edited by ByGrace3
  • Like 1

We used it thru K12.  It was TERRIBLE.

They contract with teachers.  They don't bother checking on said teachers.  So after 6 weeks of K12 telling me oh soon it will open soon...  annnnddddd ....nothing.  I called Middlebury.  Apparently the teacher had an ill child and was overwhelmed so she just... did nothing at all.  They were offended that I was annoyed.  Poor them.