Menu

Can anyone recommend a women's Bible study on the topic of spiritual warfare?

Beth Moore has one called When Good People Do Bad Things. I don't know if that would fit the bill or not. She also has Breaking Free, which certainly contains teaching about breaking strongholds--and how Satan attacks. Also, she has Believing God--I haven't done that one but it talks about unbelief--

Sorry not to be more help.

I recommend you consider one of these:

Lord, Is It Warfare? Teach Me To Stand - by Kay Arthur

When Godly People Do Ungodly Things - by Beth Moore

(This link is for the hardcover book -- you'd want the member book, which is a workbook.) The only drawback is that to fully complete this study, you need the DVDs, and they are expensive. Maybe your church can purchase them...? Or a local church might already have them you could borrow?

Spiritual Warfare: Disarming the Enemy Through the Power of God - by A. Scott Moreau

This guide is part of the Fisherman Bible Studyguide series. I've done several of these (although not this one) and they have all been very good. They require little to know homework, but the more participants do in advance of the weekly meeting, the more they get out of the study.

Other titles you might consider:

Lies Women Believe: And the Truth That Sets Them Free - by Nancy Leigh DeMoss

There's also a version of this book geared for teenagers: Lies Young Women Believe.

Battlefield of the Mind: Winning the Battle in Your Mind - by Joyce Meyer

It sounds like an intellectual group!

You could start with anything having to do with good v. evil, (CS Lewis is a great place to start), but... you should also look at what your denomination teaches on the subject. There are sometimes great doctrinal differences.

Once your own church doctrinal works are examined, you could work with the actual teachings of others (Martin Luther, Paulinian, DL Moody, B Graham, Puritan pastors, Popes, Welsh writings, etc.).

You should also review how you are going to define spirtual warfare:

Simply, Good v. Evil?, or one of many views, some including:

• Satan v. God?
  • Satan's Children v. God's Children?
  • A spiritual undercurrent happening within each of us in the form of Demonology v. Animism?
  • Societal Sin and Temptation v. Discernment and Good Works

Throughout your process, it would be helpful to not let the group dwell on an us v. them mentality. It's also helpful that the group does not get caught up on how to get to heaven. The goal of spiritual warfare is to find practical ways to fill your own life with works of Christ - live as he would have on earth (A Red Letter Bible would be a helpful reference tool). In reading how he countered Satan's influence (or the influence of "evil") you will gain insight on ways to improve and grow your own life toward harmony with His vision for you.

HTHs!

This would be something I would be interested in. I don't know about of bible study format specifically.

However, you may want to consider contacting Grace Life International for resource information.

What about Neil Anderson or Derek Prince? Also, research Rick Joyner.

Blessings to all of you!!