Menu

Yet another PSAT question...

On the old versions was the total score the same as the selection index number? Or was there always a different selection index number in addition to the composite score and I just don't see it on her earlier tests?

I'm just trying to figure out the best way to compare dd's older versions and what she did this time. Next year she will be taking it when it counts. I can't figure out if she improved as much as it appears, the test was just a lot easier, or if it's just none of the ways to compare are really accurate. It shows percentile scores on all of them but it just doesn't seem right to me. 

ETA: Be gentle. I feel like I'm asking dumb questions but this is my first time through this high school stuff and I'm feeling overwhelmed and a tad confused. 

Edited by Joker

I believe any students who test who are not yet juniors are lumped into one category called "sophomores" so as an 8th grader testing against mostly 9th-10th graders vs a 9th grader compared to mostly 9-10 graders maybe she is fairing better.  Or maybe the new format agrees with her.  Not sure?  I remember being surprised at the jump DD made between 9th and 10th grade.

Yes. Math was actually a bit lower in 8th but everything was pretty even around 75% in 9th. This time she was 97% math and 98% total and reading/writing

Edited by Charleigh