Menu

If you could only choose 1 MCT book...

mom2kando

I have a hungry 3rd grader here. We have a LA program we're using and like, but she seems hungry for more. (She was in a pull out enrichment program last year in PS)

I do like to looks of the MCT program, however, we (errr..I) have already spent a TON on curriculum trying to figure this whole homeschooling thing out.

She has an iPad, so I was looking at the books that can be used on that.

So what do you all think?

or maybe we should begin Latin? (was planning on starting next year so I don't think hubby would scoff at purchase)

Edited by mom2kando

Latin, using Getting Started With Latin!! I can't say enough good things about it as an intro to Latin. Plus, it is inexpensive (only about $20, or you can even get the Kindle version for $10). If your DD already knows about parts of speech and the parts of a sentence (subject, predicate, direct object, indirect object, predicate nominative), the grammar part will be easy. If she doesn't know all of those grammar concepts already, you can easily teach her when it comes up in the book.

Seriously, it is such a great book and perfect for an eager 3rd grader.

Edited by tranquility7
  • Like 1