Menu

anyone use a self teaching guitar curriculum for their kids?

sunshineslp

Guest mamabear.3

I'm looking for something for my 6.5 yr old. He's taking lessons but I'd love something to supplement at home. Anyone have any recommendations? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have used an online guitar lesson. It was called "Dangerous Guitar". I bought lessons on Groupon.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

BatmansWife....have you used the Guitar Homeschool Edition course?  If so, could you share your thoughts on the program?  I looked at all the samples and it seems heavy on theory and I wonder if it is too much for younger kids...  Thank you!

Well, we do have it...but haven't really used it much yet.  I got it for my son several years ago.  But, he's pretty much a self learner and plays wonderfully (he's 20 btw).  I swear, I don't know how he does it.  He can listen to pretty much any song...and style of music...and just plays it.  I think he's a guitar genius and I don't know where he got that from.  I wish I could give a review of it.  I'm hoping my daughter will have an interest in it and we can begin to use it with her.  But right now she is wanting to learn piano over guitar.  I would e-mail Steve Krenz and ask his advice about the age.  He's very helpful.  Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.  

Edited by BatmansWife