Menu

Pens

I got a big chuckle out of this, Janice! And somehow, I think there's more to it than pens........:)

However, I must say that I bought a store brand package of pens a few weeks ago, and then another. And I hated using them. So I bought the more expensive Bic brand. Love these better. I also love gel pens, and glitter pens, and coloured Sharpie markers, too.

Personally, I'm more coherent with those really fat yellow Ticondaroga kindergarten pencils. It has to be sharpened with my jackknife, though. Somehow I can't really get anywhere with pencil sharpener sharpened pencils. I look a little unusual when we're waiting at the CC doing algebra with the younger one, but so far my younger one hasn't disowned me. I can't write with pens. And if it is math higher than algebra, I have to have a mechanical pencil, preferably a clear red or blue one so I can look through it when I am thinking about something else.

-Nan

SNORT!!!!

LOL - Today, no joke, in planning for next week I just about lost it when I read in R&S 8th (p107):

"My uncle always buys Pilot pens and Ticonderoga pencils."

And here I thought only the high school board was populated with pencil connoisseurs!

Thanks for the laugh~

Rhonda (an avid medium-tip ball-point person myself)

I can so relate! The most exciting time of year for me is when all of the school supplies hit the shelves - I have to go to all of the major discount chains just to see what they each might have that's a little different.

When that doesn't quite satisfy me, I get online . . . my husband's question to me this week . . . "I'm placing an Amazon order, do you want these Pilot disposable fountain pens that you have in the cart?" My answer, "No, that was a the result of a search after reading someone's rave revews at the WTM boards. Just put them back on my wishlist."

So whatever this sickness is . . . you are not alone!

My sickness even stretches a little further . . . I'm sure that if I can just find the "right" journal to go with the "right" pen, I will suddenly become an inspired writer