Menu

Dr. Dolittle...

After giving up on getting the movie (Rex Harrison version) from the local library, I requested it from the library in the neighboring county/next state and we just picked it up yesterday. I'm finding it just ok, but the kids are doubled over in laughter. I think we'll have to watch it a few more times before returning it.

Biology? Language arts?

Confession: I've never read the books. Will they be a let down after already seeing the movie?

After giving up on getting the movie (Rex Harrison version) from the local library, I requested it from the library in the neighboring county/next state and we just picked it up yesterday. I'm finding it just ok, but the kids are doubled over in laughter. I think we'll have to watch it a few more times before returning it.

Biology? Language arts?

Confession: I've never read the books. Will they be a let down after already seeing the movie?

Funny - we were just talking about this today. DC all agreed that it's only good for the first 45 minutes, then it just gets - well - stupid.

The book is much, much better than the movie, and with none of the ridiculous romantic subplot.

Of course, my dc feel the same way about Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

The books are so much better than the movie.

But then this true for most movies/books. My son could not watch Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, but he loves the book. The same with 101 Dalmatians. Disney has a lot to answer for, changing stories so much and not giving children the story that the author intended.