Menu

Exercise Thread- December 6th through 12th

rieshy

I took Sunday off.  This morning I ran 4 miles.  It was so grey out that it was a little hard to get motivated, but it did feel good in the end. :)  I've been not doing as much yoga, and I can feel it.  My feet are cramping more and my hips are tight.  I need to get back to my daily yoga.  I do 10 minutes of stretching after a run, but I apparently need more than that. 

• Like 2

I did take that walk yesterday.  It was 60 and sunny.  I couldn't bring myself to sit in my van and read, even if it's a good mystery.:)  

This morning I ran 5 miles.  I was cold most of the time, till the last mile, when the sun was full out and on me.  I think I need warmer pants if I'm going to keep running outside.  Mine are rated for the temps I'm running, they are tights with a light fleece lining, but it's not enough.  Last year I always ran on the treadmill, but that was because I ran early and cold AND dark just made me not want to run.  But this year I drop my 2 boys off at school, then I go to the park.  It's 8:00 by then, and light, but still cold.  I need to decide if I'm going to stick with outside.  I do like running outside better than the treadmill.  

Rieshy, good for you in being responsible, I know how hard that is to do. :)  Enjoy your rest day. 

• Like 2

Kid classes sound fun :)

Today was the usual Wed training session while dd was at her class. I am trying to not feel so self-conscious about being the mom-type in the gym around lunchtime, surrounded by guys lifting lots of weight. And then I saw this one guy deadlift way less than I can do so I felt like go, me :D

• Like 1

Last night's bodyweight class was so challenging but I didn't stop except for the breaks between sets :)

I am, however, quite sore this morning. Today's workout will be some bike cardio, followed by core work and much stretching. This is the last day until early Feb that I have to fit a workout in between driving dd to/from class. Yay for winter session!

• Like 1

Thursday- long walk in Colorado and grappling class at a school i contacted prior to arriving in town. Wonderful time, I just wish there was more oxygen in the mountains:). This martial arts school welcomed me to workout there anytime I travel to CO for my sister's cancer treatments- at no charge.

• Like 2

Thursday- long walk in Colorado and grappling class at a school i contacted prior to arriving in town. Wonderful time, I just wish there was more oxygen in the mountains:). This martial arts school welcomed me to workout there anytime I travel to CO for my sister's cancer treatments- at no charge.

That is very sweet of them. 

• Like 1