Menu

Writing with Ease questions....

Kisa in CA

The hardbound Writing With Ease Strong Fundaments book sold here, encompasses grades 1-4. There are also Writing With Ease workbooks that are available. These cover grades 1 and 2. I believe workbooks for 3 and 4 are scheduled, but not yet available.

WWE grade 1 should be able to work with him now. It consists of copywork and narration exercises appropriate for a first grader.

My first grader is doing WWE 1. So far it has just been copywork and brief narrations while subtly reinforcing grammar concepts. Its been a nice, low-key program.

Same here and I totally agree! It has a been so refreshing to do this! I am more than pleased and I feel like i am starting him gently and that we KNOW where we are going thanks to SWB!!!

I consider my dd a 2nd grader (but she's a young one). I started her with the laid-out lessons in WWE year 1. I have her do both the shorter *and* longer sentences as copywork, and she'll finish the level 1 lessons in another 2-3 weeks. Then we'll move on to level 2. I can't imagine spending a year on level 1 at this age -- but for a few weeks, it was a good intro. When she gets to level 2, we'll either keep working through the laid-out lessons, or I'll buy the student book, if it seems to be more challenging for her.

So do I need to use FLL too?

Thanks!

We are doing FLL with WWE. FLL covers grammar and is also a very low-key and easy to approach program (mostly oral) that I've found to be a big success. If I were going to do just one I'd do FLL but I'd hate to have to give one up. It just really works for all of us.