Menu

What case for a Paperwhite?

Lostinabook

I am getting a Kindle Paperwhite for Christmas and am waffling about the case. I'd like to get one with a stand for reading at the table, but I will also use it for reading in bed, so I don't want the cover to be super heavy/bulky. If you have a cover, which one has worked well for you?

TIA

I am getting a Kindle Paperwhite for Christmas and am waffling about the case. I'd like to get one with a stand for reading at the table, but I will also use it for reading in bed, so I don't want the cover to be super heavy/bulky. If you have a cover, which one has worked well for you?

TIA

...Think about that stand again. I have a stand on my ipad and it is useless for using at the table. I DON'T have a cover at all on mY Kindle but am able to use it at the table by propping it up with other stuff to just the angle I want just fine.

(I just got a Kindle Voyager and was originally going to get a stand. Until I realized that I never used the stand on my ipad mini because it isn't the right angle. SO... Just having a stand does not guarantee it is at the proper angle for what you prefer.)

Edited by vonfirmath
  • Like 1

I have bought Finitie smartshells for all our kindles. No stand, though.

http://www.amazon.com/Fintie-Kindle-Paperwhite-SmartShell-Case/dp/B009S2CXLK

i have a similar one for my older Kindle Fire. It's supposed to stand in landscape mode when I turn the case to the back, but it can slide flat. I do like it though. It's really light.

...Think about that stand again. I have a stand on my ipad and it is useless for using at the table. I DON'T have a cover at all on mY Kindle but am able to use it at the table by propping it up with other stuff to just the angle I want just fine.

(I just got a Kindle Voyager and was originally going to get a stand. Until I realized that I never used the stand on my ipad mini because it isn't the right angle. SO... Just having a stand does not guarantee it is at the proper angle for what you prefer.)

The Paperwhite is different though, and you don't really need a particular angle to see it well. Plus the stand I linked has three different 'stops' to give you three different angles (the angle rarely matters and usually is related to the height of whatever I'm standing it on. I use it all the time when I'm reading while eating at the table. It also sits on the arm of my couch just right.

Edited by Lady Florida
  • Like 1