Menu

National History Bee Waives Registration For Homeschoolers

• 2 months later...

Has anyone participated in the National History Bee before? I've never heard of it, but it looks interesting!

Just seeing this. My son did it last year and qualified to the regional bee (VA/DC area) and qualified to go the national competition but we couldn't go. He just qualified for the regional competition in Richmond, VA, for this spring.

• 1 month later...

Thanks to this post, I had my older two take the qualifier. They both qualified for the regional bee, which was tonight, and my oldest qualified for nationals! Not sure if we'll go yet. If we do, I'll have to have her study. They didn't prep at all for the qualifier, and just a little for the regional, and the top 3 qualifiers were noticeably more well prepared than the rest of them, including my daughter. I was  somewhat disappointed that less than a third of the participants were girls, and my daughter was the only one of the 8 qualifiers. Overall a good experience, and my daughter is happy I made her go even though she was feeling nervous and wanting to back out the last couple days.

• Like 3