Menu

Ups and Downs

OnTheBrink

Well, here we are. It's the end of October and my house hasn't sold. It's been on the market for a month has had 1 showing. My realtors (both my listing agent and buying agent) continue to reassure me it's just the time of year combined with the fact our illustrious state has no budget yet, and my city employs many, many state workers. No one wants to buy until they know they won't lose their jobs. I get that. But it's MADDENING to have that lonely "For Sale" sign sit there with no one visiting it. AND, it's also MADDENING to get up early, make sure the house is pristine and smells fresh (with 3 cats, a dog,and a teenager, this is no easy feat) for nothing. So, I can't put an offer in on the condo I want because I don't have a contract on my house yet. Bah!

On the up-side, this past week was midterm week and I received very good feedback on my papers and currently have A's in both classes. Woo! My class on the Beatles is interesting, if not a lot of work, but I cranked out my midterm paper in 5 hours, start to finish, and was told, "Good flow from beginning to the end, excellent use of outside sources, very strong paper: A" My other class is this stupid requirement for all online students majoring in Liberal Studies, and we have to do these stupid learning assessments, and personality assessments, and the big mid term paper was a "Presentation of Self" which made me want to gag all over. I hate this touchy-feely stuff. But, I did that paper in a few hours and was told, "Very well written and compelling work." On the section where I discussed being raised by a mother who's NPD, he said, "This is the best paragraph by an adult child of a mentally ill parent with this disorder I've ever read. Excellent."

So, I am beyond excited that I'm doing so well. I was really nervous about starting back to school at my *ahem* advanced age and having been out of school for so long. It really helps to have bosses that are extremely encouraging and supportive. 

Now if I could just sell my stupid house! It's going off the market 11/22 and will stay off until February, to allow 91 days time to elapse before relisting. I hate real estate. I can not figure out why people think buying and selling it is fun!

Hugs!

I tell my selling clients that selling is VERY hard work.  I have a newer listing--three weeks and one showing. It's a higher than average listing price--the property is worth it--but not everyone can afford it. My sellers are like you--very frustrated.

Hang in there. It sounds like you are doing a great job at handling the sale and school!