Menu

Hacking LiPS

Kanin

Hi everyone,

I'm about to start volunteer tutoring a student in reading. I'm planning to do a combination of LiPS and Seeing Stars.The trouble is I own the Seeing Stars manual but not the LiPS manual. I'm trying to get a copy of LiPS but it might take a while.

Does anyone know of any ways to "hack" the LiPS program and do it without the manual? I'm familiar with the program, but I don't know the sequence of introducing sounds. I do have access to the mouth pictures, tiles, etc, just not the manual. Is there a PDF floating out there on the internet with the vowel circle, the names of the sounds (lip poppers, tongue coolers, etc) things like that?

I feel sort of dumb asking this, because I know I NEED the manual, but I have to get by for a while without it.

Any ideas?

Thanks! I googled "Brothers and cousins LIPS" and some interesting pictures came up. I don't recommend, LOL. I did end up getting my hands on a manual after all, woo hoo!

Do you think giving some LiPS "homework" would be of any benefit? I was thinking of making a worksheet of sorts with a few 2-letter words, with letters he's studied, and providing an envelope of cut-out mouth pictures. I was thinking he could glue the mouth pictures below the letters and read aloud to his mom.

Not sure if that would be good because I wouldn't be there to correct any mistakes...