Menu

how quickly do you work through Beast Academy 3?

blue daisy

It depends on the chapter and whether or not we are using Beast as the spine or as the supplement (because we go back and forth).

If Beast is my spine, we read one section in the Student book (by section I mean one vignette) and then for the next few days, we complete on average, one page (both sides) of Beast Workbook that correspond with that section.  When those pages are done, we move on to the next reading section in the Student book.  If the Beast Workbook page that is next up has a lot of star problems, I might have him do just one side instead of two sides.  

• Like 1

Each section was so different. For both the 3rd and 4th grade books, I'd guess we averaged 2.5 months per book, which is about right for a school year. However, some sections we flew through in a couple of weeks practically while others went for a full month or more. And individual pages were even less predictable - some days we did a bunch, others just a half a page.

• Like 2

It depends on the chapter and whether or not we are using Beast as the spine or as the supplement (because we go back and forth).

If Beast is my spine, we read one section in the Student book (by section I mean one vignette) and then for the next few days, we complete on average, one page (both sides) of Beast Workbook that correspond with that section. When those pages are done, we move on to the next reading section in the Student book. If the Beast Workbook page that is next up has a lot of star problems, I might have him do just one side instead of two sides.

This is really helpful. Thanks!

Each section was so different. For both the 3rd and 4th grade books, I'd guess we averaged 2.5 months per book, which is about right for a school year. However, some sections we flew through in a couple of weeks practically while others went for a full month or more. And individual pages were even less predictable - some days we did a bunch, others just a half a page.

Yeah, that's why I asked. We're just starting 3A which starts with geometry so it's hard to gauge how he'd do with a more arithmetic - heavy section. He reads the section in the guide all at once then we've done a page at a time together, a couple of times a week, just squeezing it in when we can before or after school or on weekends. I'm mostly using it as something fun because he's bored at school. I was just curious how fast people are moving when using it as a spine but I can see how much that would vary now that we've got a little experience with it.

We only do BA on weekends but even if it were our main spine, I would stick with an hour/day and not get too hung up on how much got done. We have spent an hour working on one problem (and associated thoughts) and we have flown through lots of problems/hour at other times.

• Like 1