Menu

10th grade Eng topics

We have the Lit covered for this year (aligned with World History) however I realized I don't have  formal grammar program for 10th grade. Suggestions? We've already done FLL, Michael Clay Grammar and Paragraph town in Elem, He did a 8th grade Eng at public school and last year in 9th we did half year CTY to get writing out of the way then focused on Lit rest of year.

I really wanted to spend some of this year English studies prepping for SATs especially the writing portion since he's not confident in that. Can I tie a grammar curriculum into that.

What are you guys using for 10th grade Engl. Ideally want him ready to take a dual enrollment Eng Comp 101 when he's in 11 grade.

We don't do grammar in 10th grade either.

My rising 10th grader will use Writing With a Thesis, They Say I Say, and a homegrown British literature course for her English 10. My oldest used a lower level writing curriculum (had the fiction writing he craved with some nonfiction), practiced essays in other subjects, and a homegrown middle ages literature course for his English 10.

• Like 1