Menu

Algebra 2 for non-mathy kids?

I have a 12th grader who is very non-mathy (humanities minded).  She has worked very hard at Algebra 1 (Jacobs) and Geometry (Jacobs) and it has not come easy for her.  We are going to do Algebra 2 this year. Her 10th grade sister is doing Foersters...but I am concerned that it will be too much for her.  Does anyone have suggestions for another algebra 2 curriculum that would appeal to a student who is not heading into a math or science fields?  Or should I just have her take Foersters more slowly.  Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

I will have this decision to make in a year with an 11th grader.  My current inclination is to do Foerster more slowly or with more things skipped/fewer problems given.  (or more easy problems and fewer hard ones).   I also do teach each math lesson to this child and do lots of practice problems with her before starting her on her assignment.  (or when I don't do that I regret it).  I don't have the Teacher's Edition, but the Algebra 1 Foerster teacher's edition gives assignments for slow/ average/honors classes.