Menu

Computer animation course - art or computer?

Hi everyone. I am new here and new to homeschooling. I have spent MANY hours perusing the forums and getting a lot of wonderful info. I do have a specific question that I couldn't find an answer to.

My DD, going into 9th, will be signing up for a computer animation course (it will also cover hand-drawn)

http://www.theanimcourse.com/theanimcourse.html

For credit purposes, do you think this would go under art, computer, or is it just considered an elective. She is a talented drawer so I would love for it to be a fine art credit.

I was educated in another country so this whole credit/transcript business is hugely confusing to me.

One more thing - can someone think of a thread that lists ideas for electives? I'm sure there is one somewhere.

Thanks so much for any info :001_smile:

• Like 1

My DD is signed up for his drawing course. They look fabulous - I'm excited to see how the semester goes.

As to credit for your DD, fine arts is the first and easiest thought, but because she'll learn Maya in that course, I'd say you could count it as computer science instead if you really needed to.

Just depends, really, on what she needs. It seems pretty typical for schools to want to see a full credit of "fine arts" whether it be art, music, theater... If she'll max out or exceed that with other art courses, maybe use it as a computer science elective instead. If it's important to highlight the drawing aspect (for an art school, say), count it for art.

The only thing I'd shy away from is counting it as "science." Make sure her sciences are covered with the traditional biology, chemistry...

Thanks for all the responses. I think I'll wait and see what else she does for art or computer. I'm glad it can count as either.

You guys are all so helpful - so glad I found this forum. I also have all the SOTW books for my younger son.

• 3 weeks later...