Menu

Hey South TX peeps!

brehon

The family is headed to Corpus Christie next week for a combined swim meet and mini-vacation. What are some good, fairly inexpensive family places where we can eat dinner? The only restriction is no peanuts.

Also, we're planning on visiting the Lexington, the aquarium, and Mustang Island. Any other not-to-be-missed places?

TIA!

I'm not sure if they are not to be missed, but some points of interest:

Goose Island State Park (in Rockport, 1 hour-ish from Corpus) has a live oak tree that is 1000 years old, surrounded by its offspring.  

Robert's Point Park in Port Aransas is a nice park.  If you ride the ferry between Port Aransas and Aransas Pass, sometimes you see dolphins.

We have a not-done Schlitterbahn that has a few things open.  Some lazy rivers and a tube slide and a surfing thing.  After 3pm, prices are somewhat reduced.

We have a Hurricane Alley Water Park that is okay.  Festive, not huge, but pleasant.  Not super expensive.

Do you like used books?  We have a Half Price Books.

King Ranch in Kingsville (1 hour from Corpus) is interesting.  They have tours.

Our Botanical Gardens is decent.

People visit the beach a lot, usually.  We have many, with different personalities.  North Beach, McGee Beach, Mustang Island, JP Luby Park, Bob Hall Pier... just lots.

Honestly, if you're hitting the Lexington and the Aquarium, those are our major tourist attractions, if you're not beach people.  (I'm not beach people.  I loathe sand and salt water makes me itch.)

• Like 1

The family is headed to Corpus Christie next week for a combined swim meet and mini-vacation. What are some good, fairly inexpensive family places where we can eat dinner? The only restriction is no peanuts.

Also, we're planning on visiting the Lexington, the aquarium, and Mustang Island. Any other not-to-be-missed places?

TIA!

Hey we will be there too (Mustang Island on August 1)  My son had an unexpected last minute request to go to the beach for his birthday. (instead of a party. We hadn't put down any money yet)

• Like 1

Hey everyone! Thanks for the replies! Busy shift yesterday; I'm sorry not to have responded before this.

Chiguirre, I had no idea that What-a-burger's corporate HQ is in CC. Interesting. Thanks for the info about the ranger walks.

Torikei, thanks for the restaurant recs. We'll check to see if they're still there.

Perkybunch, Wow! Thank you for all the information. This gives us a good list from which to choose.

Vonfirmath, hope your boy has a great birthday!