Menu

Does Ikea have anything that would help me with organising?

What I really want is a Staples Desk apprentice, but it would cost too much to ship from the US.

Desk Apprentice

There's an Ikea in Hong Kong and I'm wondering if they have anything that would work. I want something that I can pack all our English, maths and stationery into so that I can just put it out in the dining room for work time, then easily put away. This is for when we are in Hong Kong and don't have a homeschool room (or much other space - around 800 sq ft total).

Thanks

Laura

What I really want is a Staples Desk apprentice, but it would cost too much to ship from the US.

I want something that I can pack all our English, maths and stationery into so that I can just put it out in the dining room for work time, then easily put away. This is for when we are in Hong Kong and don't have a homeschool room (or much other space - around 800 sq ft total).

Laura,

Definitely go to IKEA and check it out. They don't have anything quite like the desk organizer, but they do have lots of bins/tubs that should work. We are going to do the same when we get home, even though we have a schoolroom. But at this point we are planning on removing our school table and replacing it with some exercise equipment. I'll teach at the kitchen or dining room table and then the kids can do their homework at the desks in their bedrooms.

Anyway, we went to Ikea when we first got to HK and bought storage bins and shelving to make a pantry in our small kitchen. I've also bought many household things over the years--everything from furniture and sheets to candles and frames. All at very reasonable prices.

As an alternative, you could order the desk organizer and ship it my house in the States. Then, I'd be happy to mail it to you. Consider it payment for the loan of Latin Prep... ;)

As an alternative, you could order the desk organizer and ship it my house in the States. Then, I'd be happy to mail it to you. Consider it payment for the loan of Latin Prep... ;)

I'll go and look at Ikea. I should be able to find something but I'll keep your offer in mind.

Laura

Oh, and if you happen to choose plain and clear plastic bins, we have a few here that we will not be taking with us, and you're welcome to have them.

But I like my shipping plan best if you desire that desk organizer!

Hope you are having sun there...I am so very tired of this fog/smog/gloom. It's been like this (for the most part) since Christmas, and home is looking very good to all of us right now. We miss blue skies & sunshine.

The plastic bins sound great anyway, if you really don't need them. I'll talk to DH about getting them from you - when will they be available?

I've contacted Staples to ask just how big and heavy this organiser thingy is once it's all boxed up....

Clear skies here. Out of the kitchen window I have a bright blue sky with perfect white, fluffy clouds - a Boticelli sky.

Laura

The plastic bins sound great anyway, if you really don't need them. I'll talk to DH about getting them from you - when will they be available?

I've contacted Staples to ask just how big and heavy this organiser thingy is once it's all boxed up....

Clear skies here. Out of the kitchen window I have a bright blue sky with perfect white, fluffy clouds - a Boticelli sky.

Laura

We're leaving on Feb 26th, so we'll want to be rid of them before then. Maybe the Thursday before (thinking of your dh's travel schedule). Also, we have heavy wire racking that we use as a pantry--it's about 1 meter high & a bit longer. If you want it, it's yours--we aren't taking it back. Gee, while I'm at it, we have some drinking glasses and an espresso machine if you can use them.

Ahh, Botticelli...Tessa's favorite painter. She especially likes his Venus paintings we saw in Florence. Bright blue skies and warmer weather, here we come! :)