Menu

Has anyone used Minecraft School?

We have done two now and plan to do more. They offer a lot of fun for a low price. My boys 11 and 9 easily spend 1.5 h a wk and would spend lots more if I let them have more screen time. They give fun daily challenges as well as the weekly assignments. Our eldest loves the teamspeak feature where he talks to others from his team online at the same time ( we live in a rural area without peers, so it's been a Godsend).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My dd10 has done every session for the last 1.5 years. She loves it and she loves the team speak aspect for interaction. She was also one of the Beta testers for the iPad pocket edition course which is probably going to be an option for each session starting this fall. Her goals is to become one of the GM's on there. 

I love the concept and we've signed up twice, but in our case it ends up being too much of a time suck. My boys just don't have the time each week they need to put into the class to complete the challenges and do well. We have other activities and sometimes there are days we don't get to screens at all. Then they would get behind and just give up. I love the concept but it just takes too much time away from other pursuits for us and causes too much drama.