Menu

Salty or Sweet

creekland

You are allowed ONE snack as a splurge...  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Is that snack salty or sweet or???

• Salty
    • Sweet
    • Neither - hand over the celery (or other) - MUST be your ideal preference, not just for dietary reasons!
    • Both - salty and sweet in the same snack - NOT two different snacks

Good grief, now I will probably not be able to sleep until I get some dark chocolate covered almonds. But Trader Joe's closes in two minutes, dangit!

I just scarfed some trail mix. Thanks, Creekland. Thanks a lot for activating my cravings!

• Like 2

Good grief, now I will probably not be able to sleep until I get some dark chocolate covered almonds. But Trader Joe's closes in two minutes, dangit!

I have dark chocolate w/almond Hershey nuggets in our fridge.  NOT salted, but a fairly tasty snack now and then.  I probably eat a little less than one per day on average, but it's nice when I want one.  I could also choose from peanut butter cups, Lindt truffles (various flavors) or any of hubby's milk chocolate loves.  I don't particularly care for milk chocolate though - esp not when I could choose any of the others.  We keep a variety around to try to have something for all tastes for ourselves or for when friends come over.

Oh, and I forgot Andees mints.  How could I forget those?  They're precious little gems that pretty much everyone likes!

But chocolate?  I'll eat one (maybe) per day.  If I were to buy a bag of Funyons or Fritos or...  We do keep Herrs regular and sour cream chips and Utz pretzels on hand for craving needs.  We also take them with us when we travel due to popular demand.  Herr's sour cream chips are the most in demand on our travels.  Middle son had a classmate in college who offered to pay us to bring oodles of them to him.  He's from China and looked into getting some shipped to him over the summer a year ago.  I've no idea if he was successful.  I just know whenever we send care packages or go for a visit they're on the top of our list of things to include.

I suspect most don't get Herrs around them.  They're a local brand from here in the capital of snack foods.  Utz was local, but is getting bigger.  Utz makes the best pretzels and tortilla chips, Herrs makes the best potato chips.  Poor middle son is in CA right now and told us he can't find any good salty chips/pretzels out there.  Folks buy chips still, of course, but he says they've no idea what they're missing!  I guess good parents would send him some.  I'll try to remember that when we get back home.  My relatives in VA would be annoyed if we sent off those we have with us at the moment.

I just scarfed some trail mix. Thanks, Creekland. Thanks a lot for activating my cravings!

Glad to be of service!  ;)

I find it interesting that salty has almost the same number of votes as sweet. Whenever I tell people that I don't like sweets, but I'm crazed for salty snacks, they think I'm crazy. Hi fellow salt lovers!

Welcome to our world!  It's a little depressing to wake up and find us three votes behind our "sweet" lovers though.